Mirian Zavala, DNS, RNI am employed at Pace University Lienhard School of Nursing in New York State as a Clinical Assistant Professor. Currently, I am a certified doctoral candidate. I will earn the degree of Doctorate of Nursing Science in Health Disparity in 2011. I earned a Master of Science degree in Nursing in Adult Health, Research Certificate, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, an Accounting Certificate and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. My research topic is Hispanic single mothers raising their children in a violent community. My other research interests are assisting nursing students complete their baccalaureate education and pass the NCLEX licensure exam.
- National Hispanic Medical Association Program Committee Member since Summer 2010-present
- National Association Hispanic Nurses Chair, Development Committee since Summer 2010-present.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, Delta Zeta Chapter President since 2009-present.
- The National Hispanic Medical Doctors (NHMA) acknowledged my service to the Hispanic community by awarding me a Leadership in Improving the Health of Hispanics award in 2008 and in 2010.
- Association of Hispanic Healthcare Executives Chair, Policy Committee since 2008-present
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses: writing their Health Policy & Legislative section for their monthly newsletter from 2008-present.
- National Association of Hispanic Nurses: Chair, Policy Committee from 2006-2008.
- The National Coalition of Ethnic, Minority Nurses (NCEMA) selected me as a recipient of their mentee award in 2006.
- Board of Trustee member for the New York State Nurses Association PAC (Political Action Committee) in 2000.
- The New York State Nurses Association Leadership Fellow in 2001.
- Delta Zeta Chapter Faculty Advisor of the Nursing Honor Society from 2005 to 2007.
Trackback from your site.