Vice President, Organizational Development/Learning & Development/ Talent Management
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Vice President of Vice President, HR - Organizational Development and Performance Management to join our Human Resources team. The Vice President, HR - Organizational Development and Performance Management is based at our Manhattan Administrative office at 26 Bleecker Street, NY NY 10012.
This is an exciting and important time at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programming so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers that prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
What the Vice President, HR - Organizational Development and Performance Management Does:
- In support of our mission, the VP of Talent Management’s focus will be creating the structure, programs and processes to develop and drive our organization-wide initiatives around Planned Parenthood culture, employee on-boarding, training, performance management, succession planning, management/leadership development and coaching/mentoring programs
- Works collaboratively with the VP of Equity and Training to ensure that the organization maintains an equity lens
- Implements Planned Parenthood In This Together Programs and spearheads Press Ganey survey results implementations
- Works collaboratively at organization and department levels to ensure effective cultural development, change management, staff compliance and performance management processes that address the organizations goals and strategies and fosters a highly effective and engaged culture
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in Human Resources focusing in Talent Management, Learning, Coaching and Organizational Development
- 2 years of work experience in HR at a senior leadership level
- Work experience interfacing at executive levels
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and database management
- Strong project management skills, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Experience in and passion for diversity and inclusion
- Master’s degree in Organization Development or Human Resources or degree in related field
- Work experience in a health care or social services environment
- Systems thinker with ability to solve complex problems and develop new ideas
- Self-starter with strong analytical and organization development skills
- Demonstrated ability to execute programs and processes
- Effective influencing skills
- Strong ability to work actively with partners at all levels throughout the organization
- Bold—unafraid to champion new and different ideas and the determination to see them through
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
PPNYC's benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
Free basic life/AD&D policy with additional voluntary coverage options
Short Term Disability, Critical Illness and Accident policies
401(k) Retirement plan with 4% employer contribution after 1 year of employment
Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Account plans
Public Transportation and Commuter Pre-Tax Reimbursements
Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
All positions at PPNYC require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.