Vice President of Operations – Western Oregon
Are you a senior healthcare executive who has operations and clinic administration experience? Are you a strong leader who is dedicated to ensuring the highest level of quality of healthcare service for those in under-served populations? If you answered Yes, we have a unique opportunity and invite you to apply for our Vice President of Operations for Western Oregon position. This position oversees Clinic Managers/Directors in 8 health centers located in Portland, Salem, Woodburn, and Astoria, Oregon.
What You'll Do:
- To support, manage, and direct organization initiatives, including delivering the highest quality Medical, Dental, and Pharmacy services available, while ensuring the YVFWC mission, vision, and values are met.
- Responsible for the coordination and oversight of clinical operations consistent with the programs developed that optimize best practices of The Patient Centered Medical Home.
- Responsible for promoting high standards of practice management through the development and standardization of policies, protocols, and fiscal management, as well as by co-leading clinical areas of professional services in the management of health plan quality indicator metrics as set forth by the organization's goals and strategic plans.
- Understands changes in the marketplace; identifies growth opportunities; and participates with Senior Leadership, Planning and Development, and Marketing and Communications to maintain and increase market advantage.
- Is the driving force in Operations for ensuring quality assurance initiatives, managed care objectives, and productivity expectations are met.
- Has a collaborative working relationship with the YVFWC Senior Leadership Team, Clinic Medical Directors, VPs, Directors, Managers, and Supervisors of the organization.
- Understands the need to integrate disciplines across the organization to improve the patient experience and build efficiencies of patient/family-centric care.
What We are Looking for:
- Working knowledge of FQHC, TJC, NCQA, PCMH and State/Federal laws governing ambulatory health services.
- Outstanding leadership, mediation abilities, and multi-tasking skills.
- Dedication to customer service and excellence in healthcare.
- Strong communications skills that include the ability to share information via email, word processing, statistics and graphical representation. Microsoft Office experience preferred.
What You'll Need to be Considered:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or Public Health required.
- Experience: Minimum 12 years of experience in a high-level leadership capacity with accountabilities in clinic operations and administrative clinical management; with a Master's degree minimum experience required is 10 years.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
We serve more than 166,000 patients across 24 medical clinics, 13 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 57 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.