Senior Director Of Operations, Population Health
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive patient experience.
NYC Health + Hospitals provides essential inpatient, outpatient, and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations across the city’s five boroughs.
The Senior Director of Operations works closely with the Chief Population Health Officer and will assume a central coordinating and facilitating role for executive-level interactions and relationships with key stakeholders, including the senior leadership team of the Office of Population Health (OPH) and the ACO; central office and facility leadership within H+H; and city and state officials. S/he will be an active participant in significant strategic discussions, while also managing the day-to-day operations of the OPH/ACO team. S/he will supervise administrative functions of OPH/ACO, including budgetary and other financial management, HR functions including staff development, and stewardship of a project management system.
Working closely with the OPH/ACO senior leadership team, the Senior Director of Operations will be responsible for organizing weekly senior team meetings and monthly full staff meetings, including the development of agendas, oversight of associated materials, and assuring timely and complete follow-through on decisions and discussions. S/he will also develop and manage systems required for compliance, reporting, payment, and audit. Administrative assistants across OPH/ACO will have either formal reporting or dotted-line reporting to the Sr. Director of Operations to help fulfill these duties.
A key responsibility of the Senior Director of Operations will be to help the Chief Population Health Officer organize and manage rapid-response projects arising from specific delivery system needs. In such situations, s/he would be asked to quickly stand up a cross-disciplinary team, develop a collaboration cadence, and shepherd discussion into deliverables in an accelerated timeframe.
The Senior Director of Operations will often be expected to serve as a proxy on behalf of the Chief Population Health Officer. This broad set of roles, spanning substantive engagement, process management, and effective development of critical interpersonal and organizational relationships, requires a seasoned and cross-functional candidate capable of both strategic thinking but also a roll-your-sleeves up mentality toward execution.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Hospital Administration, Health Care Planning, Business Administration, Public Administration or an approved related program and seven years of progressively responsible experience in health and medical service administration, public administration, personnel and labor relations, finance or appropriate functional discipline with an emphasis on planning, liaison and interorganizational relationships, or related administrative or managerial functions; or,
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university and eight years of progressively responsible experience in health and medical service administration, public administration, personnel and labor relations, finance or appropriate functional discipline with an emphasis on planning, liaison and interorganizational relationships, or related administrative or managerial functions; or,
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's in business administration (MBA), master's in public health (MPH), or master's in healthcare administration (MHA) is preferred.
- Experience working in or closely with C-Suite executives, with demonstrable ability to forge and nurture effective working relationships with a wide variety of strong and experienced executives and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to operate at both the strategic and operational levels of care delivery systems
- Seven or more (7+) years of project or program management experience working within an integrated health system, health plan, ambulatory care setting or population health organization.
- Proven ability to develop and track business plans, budgets, workforce projections, and performance and financial reports with ease.
- Working understanding of federal and state healthcare initiatives and regulations, including accountable care organizations, other federal and state initiatives, as well as private sector trends and initiatives.
- Experience with New York City's healthcare industries, including major hospital systems, other significant providers, city and state agencies, and relevant community-based organizations and agencies.
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills, including the ability to analyze complex situations, learn quickly and synthesize corresponding solutions, options and action plans.
- Creative problem solving skills, including the ability to identify areas of common ground across potentially competing points-of-view.
- Excellent communications skills, including written and oral presentation skills, with the ability to engage, build credibility and engender trust across all levels of an organization.
- Advanced-level competency in use of tools supporting all job duties, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and project management software
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, handle multiple projects simultaneously and delegate responsibilities when appropriate.
- Ability to work well under the pressure of deadlines and the stress of undertaking multiple projects at one time.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health benefits, retirement and pension plans, paid time off, professional development, and an employee perks program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V