NYC Health + Hospitals is actively seeking a Palliative Medicine Physician to guide the development of an integrated system of palliative care and hospice services that spans the care continuum: primary care, specialty care, inpatient, emergency department, long-term care, and community. The Physician Lead will be responsible for designing and implementing strategies to support a population-based approach to meeting palliative care needs within the NYC Health + Hospitals health care system. The Physician Lead will also provide on-site support to facilities in developing and implementing operational workflows, implementing provider training and engagement activities, and identifying service gaps at NYC Health + Hospitals facilities.
- NYS licensed MD or DO with board-certified specialization in Palliative Medicine
- Minimum of 10 years’ progressive experience in administrative leadership of palliative care services
- Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of stakeholders across multiple health care settings and facilities
- Ability to translate complex strategic and operational considerations into concrete plans for health services development
- Ability to collaborate on the development of operational and financial models, including value-based care models
- Ability to lead change in a complex environment