Executive Director, NYC Care
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Ambulatory Care, the Executive Director of NYC Care will oversee the design, launch, and sustainability of the new NYC Care coverage program for the uninsured. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the success of this program to expand comprehensive coverage to uninsured New Yorkers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engage community stakeholders, health industry stakeholders, policy experts, and other agencies in NYC Care development and implementation, including an outreach and communications plan to enroll uninsurable New Yorkers into the program. Attend briefings and liaison with elected officials to plan and implement NYC Care.
- Design and maintain core program components such as outreach, customer service call center, screening and enrollment, membership services, and new patient navigation services.
- Build out capacity within NYC Health + Hospitals Ambulatory Care to serve new members of NYC Care. This includes workforce planning and growing the delivery system, and implementation of new workflows as directed by the VP of Ambulatory Care.
- Interface with MetroPlus and coordinate related work under the Guaranteed Health Care Plan.
- Partner with internal NYC H+H leaders to implement NYC Care.
- Participate in fast paced environment with regular reporting to City Hall.
- Other duties as required.
1. A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in hospital administration, business administration, public health, hospital health care; medical administration or related program; and,
2. Eight (8) years of full-time paid experience in high-level responsible business administration, personnel administration, public administration, or equivalent field or as Assistant Hospital Administrator in a position of direct responsibility for total operations or major part thereof in a hospital setting including substantial
exposure in meeting community needs; or,
3. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience and training; and,
4. Extensive working knowledge of hospital administration, medical procedures, laws and regulations pertaining to hospital operations with special reference to accreditation procedures.
- Master's degree from an accredited college in public health, public administration, public policy, medicine, health care administration, health care management, or related field and one (1) year of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one or a combination of the following area(s): public health, public administration, public policy, medicine, nursing, health care administration, health care management, healthcare finance, healthcare insurance, or a related specialized area; or A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two (2) years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one of the areas described in "1" above; or A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience. However all candidates must have a minimum of one (1) year of satisfactory full-time professional experience in one of the areas described in "1" above.
- Minimum ten years of experience in health care delivery system finance and operations; also familiarity with health insurance coverage
- Experience establishing a substantial program/initiative at scale
- Experience identifying and working with consultants to develop various program and communications components
- Excellent leadership capabilities, especially in areas of team leadership and program/project management
- Excellent communication skills