Executive Director, Community Care
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Responsible for all duties that may be required by virtue of the position as Executive Director and all duties set forth in NYC H+H’s governing laws, regulations, contracts and bylaws and in policy statement of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is committed to administering, directing and coordinating all activities of the Community Care entity toward the fulfillment of its values, mission, strategy, and the achievement of its annual goals and objectives.
Board Administration & Support
- Serves as a liaison among the governing body and NYCH+H administration by maintain continual, open and effective communication throughout the organization. Ensures that comprehensive orientation and continuing education opportunities are available to Board.
- Facilitates relationships between the entity and legal counsel, compliance, accounting and audit functions within the organization.
Community & Public Relations
- Assures that NYCH+H Health | Community Care and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders, including patients, referral partners, employees, and benefactors through effective communication.
- Maintains active involvement in the community through service organization membership, speaking engagements, community forums, educational offerings and other opportunities to communicate and promote the mission.
- Ensures that all programs and services comply with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintains an effective, ongoing compliance program and assures the program is communicated throughout the agency.
- Develops and implements the long and short term strategic goals and objectives for all services in alignment with the New York City Health + Hospitals Enterprise.
- Assures an ongoing high reliability that all programs under Community Care authority achieve best practice clinical, financial and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Maintains a current knowledge base of general trade and industry conditions and their potential impact on policies, operations and financial performance.
- Ensures the strategic plan is articulated both internally and externally, and effectively delegates key activities to ensure timely execution of the strategic plan initiatives.
Delivery of Services
- Leads the executive team to assure growth, quality, quality and financial targets are achieved as identified by NYC H+H.
- Assumes overall accountability for the design, marketing, promotion, delivery, risk management and quality of all programs and services provided to the community.
- Ensures that policies and practices effectively support sound and safe patient care, and that the delivery of services provides the highest level of a positive experience to the patient.
- Ensures disaster and emergency preparedness activities are appropriately planned, exercised and documented.
- Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and ensures prudent management of the entity's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations.
- Conducts or oversees the negotiation of professional, consultant and service contracts.
- Ensures that appropriate internal and management controls are established and maintained.
Human Resources Management
- Ensures effective management of the agency's human resources according to current, authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Assures an adequate staffing plan, employing professional and paraprofessional staff that represents the communities served.
- Assures performance annual evaluations for all employees in a timely and effective manner and establishes a formal means of accountability for those assigned duties.
1. A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in hospital administration, business administration, public health, hospital health care; medical administration or related program; and,
2. Eight (8) years of full-time paid experience in high-level responsible business administration, personnel administration, public administration, or equivalent field or as Assistant Hospital Administrator in a position of direct responsibility for total operations or major part thereof in a hospital setting including substantial
exposure in meeting community needs; or,
3. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience and training; and,
4. Extensive working knowledge of hospital administration, medical procedures, laws and regulations pertaining to hospital operations with special reference to accreditation procedures.
- Master's degree (e.g., Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, Nursing).
- Ten years high level experience in a position of direct responsibility in operations for all or part of a healthcare system of similar size and structure.
- Substantial exposure in program development and implementation for meeting a community's healthcare needs.
- Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of population health, hospital, community based organization operations, administration, regulations and applicable laws.
- Knowledge of business and human resource management and leadership development.