EPIC Contract Analyst (Assistant Director Fiscal Affairs (AS)), Managed Care – 41619
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
Working under the direct supervision of the Assistant Vice President of Managed Care, the key responsibilities of the Assistant Director position include:
- Catalog and maintain inventory of negotiated reimbursement rates and fee schedules for all contracted managed care payers
- Disseminate rate information to appropriate colleagues for loading in multiple financial systems (including Cerner’s Unity and Soarian systems and Epic Financials)
- Serve as key liaison to the EITS Epic Hospital Support team to ensure negotiated contract terms are constructed and implemented correctly in Epic Financials
- Manage intake of hospital contract variance questions from front-end users in the Epic Financials environment; triage issues with direct assistance from EITS Epic Hospital Support team
- Conduct rate modeling analyses to support contract variance analysis and ongoing Managed Care rate negotiations
- Other duties as may be required.
- A Baccalaureate Degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, with emphasis on accounting and financial systems, and six (6) years of responsible level experience in fiscal management or administration with emphasis in financial systems, management information and controls, of which at least three (3) years shall have been in a responsible supervisory, administrative or management capacity; or,
- A Masters Degree with a major in related fields as listed in paragraph 1 above with five (5) years of experience as delineated in paragraph 1 of which at least three (3) years shall have been in a responsible supervisory, administrative or management level capacity.
- Knowledge of total accounting and financial management both in systems theory and practice; or,
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proficiency in financial modeling software (Excel at a minimum) and healthcare reimbursement experience.
- Experience with Epic Financials- specifically Hospital Billing (HB) - and New York Medicaid billing guidelines.
How To Apply
If You Wish To Apply For This Position, Please Apply Online By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button Or Mail Your Resume, Noting The Above Job ID #, To
NYC Health + Hospitals / Central Office
Human Resources Department
55 Water Street, 26th Floor
New York, NY 10041
Attn: Recruitment Unit
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.