Director of Managed Care Contracting
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the United States. We provide essential outpatient, inpatient and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year across the city’s five boroughs. Our large health system consists of ambulatory centers, acute care centers, post-acute care/long-term care, rehabilitation programs, Home Care, and Correctional Health Services. Our diverse workforce is uniquely focused on empowering New Yorkers, without exception, to live the healthiest life possible.
NYC Health + Hospitals' Office of Managed Care is seeking a Director of Managed Care Contracting, that will be responsible for:
- Analyzing the financial and strategic value of current and proposed managed care contracts, proposals and programs.
- Co-leading, with AVP Managed Care Contracting, all managed contract rate and language negotiations.
- Helping develop future value based payment agreements and risk based contracting strategies. Tracking and monitoring risk-based contracts performance. Coordinating with OneCity Health, Office of Population Health, Office of the Chief Quality Officer and others to use managed care contracts to improve system efficiency, quality, and financial performance.
- Fostering relationships with managed care organizations to develop new business opportunities and partnership.
- Assisting in soliciting input and cooperation of physicians, administrators and key staff in developing profitable products for revenue enhancement and cost reduction initiatives to position NYC H+H for contracting and new business development opportunities
- Collecting market intelligence, insurer profiles and benchmarks on costs to help us to develop pricing strategies and an up-to-date charge master.
- Performing other job-related duties as required.
- A Baccalaureate Degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with emphasis on accounting and financial systems and eight years of responsible level experience in fiscal management or administration with emphasis in financial systems, management information and controls, of which at least three years shall have been in a responsible administrative or managerial capacity; or,
- A Masters Degree with a major listed in (1) and seven years of related experience as indicated in (1) of which at least three years shall have been in a responsible level administrative or managerial capacity.
- Knowledge of total accounting and financial management both in systems theory and practice, or,
- A satisfactory equivalent combination and education, training and experience.
Additional Departmental Preferences:
- Master’s degree with a Major in Business, Math, Computer Science or Public Administration
- 5+ years previous work related experience in health care or insurance industry.
- Key knowledge areas in managed care, reimbursement methodologies, budgeting or cost accounting
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Strong analytical, communication and people skills
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health benefits, retirement and pension plans, paid time off, professional development, and an employee perks program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V