Director Fiscal Affairs, Managed Care Contracting – 41620
- Analyze the financial and strategic value of current and proposed managed care contracts, proposals and programs.
- Co-lead, with AVP Managed Care Contracting, all managed contract rate and language negotiations.
- Help develop future value based payment agreements and risk based contracting strategy. Track and monitor risk-based contracts performance. Coordinate with OneCity Health, Office of Population Health, Office of the Chief Quality Officer and others to use managed care contracts to improve system efficiency, quality, and financial performance.
- Foster relationships with managed care organizations to develop new business opportunities and partnership.
- Assist in soliciting input and cooperation of physicians, administrators and key staff in developing profitable products for revenue enhancement and cost reduction initiatives to position NYC H+H for contracting and new business development opportunities
- Collect market intelligence, insurer profiles and benchmarks on costs to help us to develop pricing strategies and an up-to-date charge master.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- A Baccalaureate Degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with emphasis on accounting and financial systems and eight years of responsible level experience in fiscal management or administration with emphasis in financial systems, management information and controls, of which at least three years shall have been in a responsible administrative or managerial capacity; or,
- A Masters Degree with a major listed in (1) and seven years of related experience as indicated in (1) of which at least three years shall have been in a responsible level administrative or managerial capacity.
- Knowledge of total accounting and financial management both in systems theory and practice, or,
- A satisfactory equivalent combination and education, training and experience.
- Master’s degree with a Major in Business, Math, Computer Science or Public Administration.
- 5+ years previous work related experience in health care or insurance industry required.
- Key knowledge areas in managed care, reimbursement methodologies, budgeting or cost accounting required.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required.
- Strong analytical, communication and people skills.
How To Apply
If You Wish To Apply For This Position, Please Apply Online By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button Or Mail Your Resume, Noting The Above Job ID #, To
NYC Health + Hospitals / Central Office
Human Resources Department
55 Water Street, 26th Floor
New York, NY 10041
Attn: Recruitment Unit
If applying online, please include your cover letter in the same file attachment with your uploaded resume.
- Hospital & Health Care
- Health Care Provider