Deputy Executive Director – RN – Post Acute Care
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve – without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive patient experience.
- Serves as support to the facility CEO in strategic planning, policy development and facility programs, and assumes the lead administrative role in the absence of the CEO.
- Demonstrates current clinical knowledge of best practices and regulations impacting area of practice.
- Develops clinical and administrative policies, procedures and programs, standards for practice in conjunction with evidence based best practices and regulatory standards.
- Participates in facility and health care delivery system leadership committees.
- Conduct scheduled rounds at the service levels to identify issues, obtain feedback from staff for improvement strategies and monitor delivery of patient care.
- Participates in on site regulatory surveys, and is involved in development of Corrective Action Plans as needed.
- Supervises the implementation of Corporate programs and policies concerning health care facility operations and assists in coordinating activities between facility staff and Corporate officers.
- In collaboration with the CFO and CEO, assists in the development and monitoring of the annual budget.
- May direct a compliance program for the health care facility in meeting standards established by inspecting and accreditation agencies involving delivery of health care services.
- Participates in the selection and appointment process of department heads and establishment of organizational structures.
- Participates in the establishment of formal systems of financial procedures, qualifications for employment and retention of competent personnel, employee health programs and general administrative support services.
- Recommends purchase of supplies and equipment for the health care facility consistent with policies governing purchase procedures.
- Recommends construction and alteration programs, including acquisition and replacement of facility equipment.
- Schedules and conducts and/or participates in regular interdepartmental and departmental meetings. May designate hospital departmental representatives for medical staff and multi-disciplinary committees to facilitate effective communication lines within the hospital.
- Assists the Chief Executive Officer in maintaining cooperative relationships with community, professional groups, external agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Participates in the development, maintenance and implementation of management reporting system that provides adequate and timely data for program planning and evaluation purposes.
- Assists in conducting contract negotiations with affiliates and related groups.
- A Master’s Degree in Health Administration, Public Health, or a Master’s Degree or related field.
- RN or clinical experience a plus
- New York State Licensed Nursing Home Administrator License (LNHA) strongly preferred
- Six years of healthcare leadership experience in a skilled nursing facility
- Demonstrates current clinical knowledge of best practices and regulations impacting post-acute care facilities.
- Proven track record of executive level leadership in a Post-Acute or similar healthcare setting
- Ability to serve as a Liaison for various departments.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint