Chief Medical Officer
Lowell Community Health Center (Lowell CHC) is a non-profit 503(c), federally qualified health center that provides primary care, behavioral health, dental and eye care services to the people of the Greater Lowell area. With a focus on culturally appropriate care, Lowell CHC serves individuals and families who are medically underserved, uninsured and are low income. Lowell CHC has more than 60 medical, behavioral, eye care and dental health providers. The Health Center has an overall workforce of more than 400 employees and an annual operating budget of approximately $45 million. Lowell CHC is a strategic partner of Circle Health and Wellforce Care Plan (an accountable care organization for the state’s MassHealth program).
Lowell CHC serves a very diverse population. As of 2016, more than 55 percent of Lowell CHC’s patient population is ethnically and linguistically diverse. Lowell CHC also operates the Metta Health Center which serves as a welcoming place for members of the city's Southeast Asian community and other refugee populations. The Metta Health Center is nationally recognized as one of the nation’s first fully integrated East Meets West healthcare facilities.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is accountable for leading and directing clinical practice across Lowell Community Health Center to ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care, interdisciplinary collaboration, patient satisfaction, and provider/employee satisfaction and engagement. The CMO actively supports, promotes and works to fulfill the mission, vision, and values of Lowell Community Health Center.
The CMO will be a visible, culturally competent physician executive with a minimum of ten years of clinical practice and five to ten years of management or senior level leadership experience in a community health center and/or ambulatory care setting. He/she will have demonstrated a passion for improving the health of diverse and vulnerable patient populations with complex healthcare needs. He/she will have a deep understanding of community health centers and the team-based care model in the community health center setting.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Board certified M.D. or D.O.; Massachusetts license.
- Advanced degree in healthcare administration, public health, business administration, or Community Oriented Primary Care (COPC) training is desirable.
- Experience with global health/refugee health programs is desirable.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to deliver high-quality patient care in a culturally competent manner to underserved populations with complex needs.
- Experience with recruitment, onboarding, retention, and supervision of clinical providers.
- Experience in Quality Assurance, Utilization Review, and Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Experience with and commitment to working with Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants.
- Working understanding of federal and state regulations affecting the provision of healthcare services nationally and in the state of Massachusetts; knowledge of community medicine and the rules and regulations governing federally qualified health centers.
- Experience working with/leading physicians and staff from diverse backgrounds and perspectives in community health center, ambulatory and preventive care environments.
- Exhibits a strong community health/public health orientation coupled with a deep understanding of effective primary care delivery models.
- Has a deep understanding of principles of clinical quality and experience nurturing a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Possesses an aptitude for collecting, analyzing and presenting a variety of data including performance, productivity, and financial data and is comfortable making defensible evidence-based decisions.
- Experience working with electronic health record systems and engaging clinical providers to optimize the performance of the electronic health record.
Lowell, Massachusetts is one of the largest cities in the state with a population of approximately 109,000. Lowell provides a unique blend of urban amenities and suburban convenience and offers an excellent mix of interesting museums, relaxing parks, art galleries, and lively attractions including ballparks and concert arenas. Immigrants, including many refugees, are part of the fabric of life in the city of Lowell, which boasts a kaleidoscope of cultures. Downtown is bursting with restaurants serving Portuguese, Mexican, Greek, Cambodian, Thai and Japanese fare. The city welcomes people from all different cultures and colorful flags of various nationalities hang in the windows of homes across the city.
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and referrals to:
Phillips DiPisa, & Associates
Phillips DiPisa is a retained executive search firm serving the healthcare and life sciences industries. Ranked as one of the top healthcare recruiting firms in the country, Phillips DiPisa is known for leading healthcare into the future by its growing base of clients across the country, drawing on a national pool of candidates. For more information, please visit their website at www.phillipsdipisa.com.