Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Lowell Community Health Center (Lowell CHC)
Lowell CHC is a federally qualified health center that provides primary care, behavioral health, dental and eye care services to the people of the Greater Lowell area. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and serving as a key member of the Senior Leadership team, the CFO will first and foremost be a partner in the strategic leadership of Lowell Community Health Center. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, passionate, driven financial leader to be part of a thriving, forward-thinking provider organization that is dedicated to providing quality and culturally appropriate health services to the people of Greater Lowell, regardless of their financial status.
Key responsibilities include:
- Oversees and directs treasury, billing, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, real estate, billing, collections, accounts payable, payroll and fixed assets, facilities and insurance activities for the organization.
- Supports procedures necessary to afford adequate accounting controls and in providing timely analytics and external reporting to stakeholders and financial partners including oversight of revenue cycle processes (e.g., Registration, Health Benefits, Billing, Collections).
- Appraises the organization’s financial position and issues periodic financial and operating reports to assist in the management of the organization.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports. Including meeting regulatory requirements as issued by State and Federal offices. Assists in the preparation of grant applications when required.
- Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization’s policies and operations.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a highly ethical, intelligent financial executive who possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, analytical and strategic-thinking ability, as well as a strong command of financial principles. The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressively-responsible experience with several years of senior level financial management/ leadership experience.
- Prior experience working within a healthcare provider organization (i.e. community health center, community hospital, multi-specialty provider group practice, etc) with exposure to community health services is preferred; applicants with experience on the health insurer side and/or consulting arena are also encouraged to apply.
- Embraces the linguistically and ethnically diverse patient population and staff. Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
With a focus on culturally appropriate care, Lowell CHC serves individuals and families who are medically underserved, uninsured, and are low income. Lowell CHC has more than 60 medical, behavioral, eye care and dental health providers. The Health Center has an overall workforce of more than 470 employees and an annual operating budget of approximately $50 million. Lowell CHC is a strategic partner of Circle Health and Wellforce Care Plan (an accountable care organization for the state’s MassHealth program).
Lowell CHC serves a linguistically and racially diverse population. As of 2018, 38% of Lowell CHC’s patient population is best served in a language other than English. Lowell CHC also operates the Metta Health Center which serves as a welcoming place for members of the city's Southeast Asian community and other refugee populations. The Metta Health Center is nationally recognized as one of the nation’s first fully integrated East Meets West health care facilities. Lowell CHC is also a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home, achieving Joint Commission accreditation for complying with rigorous national performance standards around quality healthcare delivery.
Lowell is one of the largest cities in Massachusetts with a population of approximately 109,000. Lowell provides a unique blend of urban amenities and suburban convenience and offers an excellent mix of interesting museums, relaxing parks, art galleries, and lively attractions including ball parks and concert arenas. Immigrants, including many refugees, are part of the fabric of life in the city of Lowell, which welcomes a kaleidoscope of cultures. Downtown is bursting with restaurants serving Portuguese, Mexican, Greek, Cambodian, Thai and Japanese fare. The city is considered an art and cultural center as well as emerging college town.
Inquiries, Resume Submissions and Referrals
Please forward to (email preferred) to:
Phillips DiPisa & Associates
62 Derby Street, Suite 1, Hingham, MA 02043
About Phillips DiPisa
Phillips DiPisa, an AMN Company, is a retained executive search firm serving the healthcare and life sciences industries. Ranked as one of the top healthcare recruiting firms in the country, Phillips DiPisa is known for leading healthcare into the future by its growing base of clients across the country, drawing on a national pool of candidates. For more information, please visit their website at www.phillipsdipisa.com.