Associate Executive Director RN – Home Care
At Home is a division of New York City Health and Hospitals which provides community-based health care services including: Health Home and Care Coordination, Certified Home Health Care (CHHA)/ Care Management, and Outreach/Engagement. We have over 400 clinical and non-clinical staff embedded throughout the NYC H+H enterprise who service over 9,000 patients located in group/private homes, as well as those without housing in the four boroughs of New York City.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director/CEO, the AED of Staff Development is responsible for designing, implementing, evaluating and revising orientation and continuing education programs for all levels of patient interfacing staff throughout At Home. This includes implementing evidenced based best practices for care planning, care coordination, patient education, competency assessment and evaluation of training effectiveness. The AED will assess the need for appropriate educational programming based on At Home and NYC Health + Hospital initiatives, federal and state regulations and needs of licensed and other patient care providers.
- Assess and identify gaps in programming and competency in the operations of the division and, in collaboration with the Executive Director and other managers, develops and integrates new training programs into the patient care operations.
- Develops curricula, courses, teaching guides, associated policies and procedures and evaluates the outcomes of the educational process. Develops staff competencies attained from the curricula.
- Responsible for developing and executing an innovative Home Care and Health Home preceptor program that will support successful onboarding of hew hires and retention of top performers serving NYC’s highly diversified and critical patient population.
- Responsible for the development of the eLearning program for the agency and in collaboration with HHC stakeholders, facilitates the dissemination of eLearning throughout the Corporation.
- Keeps abreast of At Home and management issues and trends, and shares information with staff.
- Attends regularly scheduled Patient Safety and Utilization Review meetings.
- Assists in the development and interpretation of the philosophy and objectives of the agency.
- Represents the agency at various corporate wide and industry events, as appropriate.
- Participates with the Executive Director and other management staff in strategic planning, program evaluation and annual report preparation. Other functions, as necessary and as assigned by the Deputy Executive Director/ Chief Nursing Officer.
- A Master’s Degree with a specialization in Hospital Administration, Health Care Administration, Administrative Medicine or in Public Health when conferred for a program in Hospital Administration from an accredited college or university, and,
- Six years of high-level responsible experience in Hospital Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration or an equivalent field, or as an Assistant to a Hospital Administrator in a position of direct responsibility for operations of a major part or all of a hospital, including substantial exposure in meeting community health needs; or,
- An equivalent combination of training, education and experience in related fields and educational disciplines; and,
- Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of hospital organization, administration and standards, regulations and laws applicable to hospital operations, knowledge of business and human resources administration principles, management functions, management processes and functions of hospital departments, and ability to direct and supervise personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable in adult learning principles, nursing development, program development and management, continuing education, and evidence-based practice.
- Minimum 5 years in a community based healthcare setting including knowledge of behavioral health populations.
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice in New York State.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND/ OR SKILLS
Solid PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
Ability to build collaborative relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
Ability to adapt to change and react quickly to changing business needs as well as influence subordinates, peers and business partners.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
Ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills.
Ability to lead and motivate a team.
Strong facilitation, design, and development skills.