- This event has passed.
HEALTH AND… Childhood and Opportunity
May 13, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Join Richard A. Carranza, Chancellor of the New York City Department of Education, and several other leading experts at the Department of Population Health’s fourth annual “Health And …” conference, addressing this year’s theme of Childhood and Opportunity, on May 13, 2019.
Together, we will examine proven and novel approaches to improving health and well-being during childhood, and explore how policymakers, researchers, communities, and health systems can help foster childhood development that paves the way for greater opportunity, health, and equity in adulthood. Panelists will share perspectives about novel approaches to improving childhood health and well-being, economic interventions to address poverty for families, and successful efforts to scale-up proven approaches for healthy growth and development throughout the childhood years.
Additional Speakers include:
- Lawrence Aber, PhD, Willner Family Professor of Psychology and Public Policy, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development, and University Professor, New York University
- Laurie M. Brotman, PhD, Bezos Family Foundation Professor of Early Childhood Development, Department of Population Health & Director of the Center Early Childhood Health and Development, NYU Langone Health
- Kimberly Noble, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Neuroscience and Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Aisha Nyandoro, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, Springboard To Opportunities
- Moriah Thomason, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, NYU Langone Health
With the goal of translating research into action to improve urban population health, the annual “Health And…” Conference series brings together leading investigators, policymakers, practitioners, and community leaders who work at the intersection of health and its many determinants.
Event Location: *Farkas Auditorium*