Enrolling Uninsured Latinos Through Digital Media 10/8/13
These are some Key Takeaways of our event The Affordable Care Act: Enrolling Uninsured Latinos Through Digital Media held on October 8, 2013.
Our first panelist Rebecca Jackson from the NYS Health Department, indicated that from NY State’s total population most likely to enroll:
- 19% in the Individual Marketplace are Hispanic
- 21% in the Small Business Marketplace are Hispanic
- 18% speak Spanish
Kelsey Price from Google, shared Four Key Truths about Hispanics:
- Hispanics are High Speed internet users
- Hispanics are Social Media Shoppers
- Hispanics Maximize Mobile Media
- Online is Hispanics’ GPS to the Store
- 85% of Hispanics are between the ages of 18 and 49
Marcelo Rodriguez from Grupo Parada, highlighted that in order to enroll uninsured Latinos through Digital Media, healthcare providers must:
- Build TRUST through CONTENT that is relevant to Latino values
- Even though content might be currently out there, it is not connecting with them
- SoMoLo LATINO: Social, Mobile and Local marketing, is the bridge to enrolling uninsured Latinos.
- The SoMoLo LATINO approach allows you to get to the right people, at the right time, with the right content and through the right device.
See the event pictures here.
Video of the presentations now available online. Click here.