The Association of Hispanic Healthcare Executives (AHHE) was founded in 1988 as a national voluntary organization seeking to foster programs and policies to increase the presence of Hispanics in health administration professions. AHHE is the first organization devoted exclusively to Hispanic healthcare executives and to the education of the healthcare industry about the Hispanic healthcare marketplace.
The East Coast Chapter of AHHE was founded in New York City in 1999 as a regional affiliate of the national organization and became the national headquarters in 2002. Based in New York City, membership has grown to over 415 individuals and 17 organizations in 14 states. In 2004, AHHE formed a strategic partnership with the National Hispanic Chamber of Commerce on Health which addresses supplier diversity and coverage of uninsured small businesses. For further information, contact us at www.ahhe.org
PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
By joining the East Coast Chapter of AHHE, you will become an important advocate for increasing the number of Hispanic health care professionals in the U.S. health care setting, thereby having a major impact in helping to improve access to health care to the Hispanic community and policy issues.
Addressing health care disparities through a diverse workforce by
- Assisting in the professional development of Hispanics in the U.S. with leadership development and mentoring programs
- Promote public awareness of Hispanic health care needs
- Serve as a resource to improve access to care for Hispanics
- Advocate for greater Hispanic representation on hospital boards of trustees, medical and health-related academia
- Gain access to influential health care executives, providing job growth and networking opportunities and creating dialogue with health care organizations across the country
Coordinated the creation of the Roundtable of Professional Hispanic Health Associations which include the presidents of the Hispanic Dental Association, the National Association of Hispanic Nurses, the Association of Hispanic Mental Health Professionals, the National Hispanic Medical Association, the Spanish American Medical Dental Society of NY, the Dominican Medical Association and Hispanic chamber of commerce board members from the northeast.
NATIONAL AND REGIONAL PARTNERS
Greater New York Hospital Association, Aetna, Healthfirst, Healthplex, Johnson & Johnson, TIAA-CREF, Inlanet Digital Marketing, Souvez, New York-Presbyterian Hospital Center, Northshore-LIJ Health System, Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Emblem Health.
We currently serve in a variety of regional and national leadership organizations addressing Latino diversity in the educational pipeline, board of trustees, human resources leadership and supplier diversity in healthcare and business advocacy groups, including:
- Community Partnership to Increase Diversity in The Health Professions, New York City
- Health Professionals for Diversity Coalition, Washington, D.C.
- National Institute for Diversity in Heath Management, division of AHA
Founding Board Member, Chicago, Illinois
- National Hispanic Health Professionals Leadership Network
Steering Committee Member, Washington, D.C.
- NYS Federation of Hispanic Chambers Of Commerce, New York City
- United States Hispanic Chamber Of Commerce, Washington, D.C.
Trackback from your site.