ACA 2014: Innovative Enrollment Strategies For Underserved Communities
Why is it relevant? Listen to the experts in the field.
Click on the videos for more information on each topic.
Thursday, October 16, 2014 – 6:00-9pm – Reception: 8-9pm- St. Luke´s-Roosevelt Hospital Center. 1000 10th Ave (58th-59 Street), New York, NY 10019.
Thursday, October 16, 2014 – Please join us at our second of three annual public forums, and receptions, sponsored by the Association of Hispanic Healthcare Executives. The event is co-hosted by the Office of Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer. We are inviting hospitals, health care facilities, community health centers and community-based organizations to join us as we discuss the Affordable Care Act and innovative enrollment strategies, including digital media, for targeting the uninsured. With a growing proportion of patients and clients under the age of 35, who are prime users of digital media and key to the success of the ACA, they require innovative strategies for both insurance enrollment and education on health literacy.
- Ways in which healthcare providers can collaborate with Hispanic-led community organizations to educate and gain access to and the trust of incoming Hispanic patients
- Effective communication strategies that connect culturally with this growing and thriving population
- The way digital media is changing the game in Hispanic healthcare communications
Registration: To register your complimentary guests, please send their names, titles and organization’s name to GZeppenfeldt@ahhe.org by October 15th or call 917-974-8164 to reserve your exhibit table.
Dr. Mirian Zavala,DNS, RN
Chair, AHHE Policy Committee
- Pamela Mattel, Chief Operating Officer, Acacia Network
- Nasry Michelen, Chief Executive Officer, Aetna Better Health of NY
- Marcelo Rodriguez, President, GrupoParada
- Errol Pierre, Assistant Vice President, Product Management, Healthfirst
- Aaron Smith, Co-Founder and Senior Strategic Advisor, Young Invincibles
- Event Collaborators: 100 Hispanic Women, Healthfirst, Lutheran Medical Center, NYState of Health
Watch the complete event: