- Address diversity and inclusion in health institutions to increase opportunities for Hispanic/Latino/a leadership
- Raise awareness and positively impact health disparities/health equity in our communities while also promoting public awareness of Hispanic healthcare needs
- Proactively provide opportunities for the professional development of Hispanics in the U.S. through leadership development and mentoring programs
- Serve as a resource to improve access to Hispanics and other underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities
- Advocate for greater Hispanic representation on hospital board of trustees
Since 1998, AHHE has been the premier leader for Hispanic/Latinos seeking to advance themselves to management and C-suite leadership positions in the healthcare and hospital sectors. This includes our formation in 2004 of the Roundtable of Professional Hispanic Health Associations to further collaborate with organizations advocating similar goals and outcomes.
The AHHE Pipeline
Programs and Activities
AHHE provides annual and on-going interface with our organizational partners by providing benefits addressing their specific needs and challenges:
- Human Resources: Free self-job postings highlighting your management/clinical positions in our monthly newsbrief and our website’s job board, speaking opportunity on community/council panels, 5-10 individual one-year memberships for employees, annual involvement as a mentor, and personal consultation with AHHE’s CEO.
- Diversity: Membership by members in either the Young Professional Council and/or the Managers Council and presentation of a nominee for a “Manager of the Year” at our Annual Awards.
- Community/Government Relations: Free posting of events on the AHHE events calendar, unlimited postings on social media platforms, i.e., Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, presenter at Annual Awards, digital distribution of partner ad twice per year in AHHE/NHCCH listserv, unlimited submission of facility promotional and consumer health information on AHHE health events calendar, advocacy/support on health issues
We currently serve in a variety of regional and national leadership organizations addressing Latino health, diversity in the educational pipeline, board of trustees, human resources leadership and supplier diversity in healthcare and business advocacy groups, including:
- Community Partnership to Increase Diversity in The Health Professions, New York City
- Health Professionals for Diversity Coalition, Washington, D.C.
- National Institute for Diversity in Heath Management, division of American Hospital Association (AHA) Founding Board Member, Chicago, Illinois
- National Hispanic Health Professionals Leadership Network Steering Committee Member, Washington, D.C.
- NYS Federation of Hispanic Chambers Of Commerce, New York City
In order to collaborate with other similar racial and ethnic professional groups, we have worked with the National Association of Health Services Executives, the Asian American Health Forum and the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). AHHE is a founding board member of the Institute for Diversity of the American Hospital Association.